This article will explain how to export a C5 form with some details from your case pre-populated, saving you time.
❗ In order to generate a C5 form you must first create a case, add at least one executor and at least one asset to your case
❗ C5 and C5(SE) forms will only be available to generate when the deceased's date of death is before 1st January 2022
- Locate the case you wish to run your C5 form on - How do I find a case I'm working on
- Click the Documents & forms button on the left hand side menu of your Estate overview
- Select Court forms then the appropriate C5 form required from the dropdown
- Click Generate form
- The C5 form will open in a new tab as an editable PDF which you can complete as required
👍 You can use the Estate overview button in the original tab to refer back to your case data to assist with completing the form
💡 White fields on the C5 are not editable. This is because they are pre-populated with information entered into your case on the platform
To edit information in white fields you must go to where you originally entered the data, update the information and save. When you re-open your C5 the information will have automatically updated. For example, if you have misspelt the deceased's name, go back to your Estate overview, click into the deceased's details, update the name with the correct spelling and click Save. Go back and open the C5 to see the correct spelling displayed
💡 Grey fields are editable
- To edit information in grey fields simply update the information on the form as necessary. Be sure to save as you go by clicking Save & close
- When you are satisfied the form is complete you can Save & close, Download or Print using the buttons at the bottom of the page.
👍 Your C5 form will remain stored in your Court forms tab so you can access it at any time
👍 The platform populates the C5 form with the most up to date case information every time you open the form so you can have confidence the form is always up-to-date
👷 Our team are regularly making improvements and adding new features. Some things may have changed since this guide was written as functionality gets even more fabulous. If you need further assistance, please contact the Customer Success team who are always happy to help.
☎️ call us on 020 8152 2902
✉️ email our Customer Success Team on email@example.com