As the inheritance tax threshold can be different for each case, our tax threshold is flexible so you can edit to suit your requirements.
- Open the case you're working on - How do I find a case I'm working on?
- In the top right-hand corner you will see an estate snapshot which displays the Gross estate value, Net estate value and the Tax threshold
- Click on the edit icon to the right
- Enter the correct inheritance tax threshold for your case and click Save
- The tax threshold value will change immediately, giving you a clear snapshot of your estate
💁 As you add assets and liabilities, you'll see the totals updating in your Gross estate and Net estate values. Find out more about how to add assets and liabilities
👍 The Net estate value will change from black to red if you exceed the tax threshold to give you an indication inheritance tax is due on your case