The Exizent IHT205 form pre-populates 85% of the fields, including calculations, to save you time and removes the need to re-key details.
- Locate the case you wish to run your IHT205 form on - How do I find a case I'm working on?
- Click the Documents & forms button on the left hand side menu of your Estate overview
- Select the Inheritance Tax forms option, then IHT205 from the dropdown
- Click Generate form
- Once opened, you'll see that a large amount of the IHT205 is pre-populated with information you have already entered into your case on the platform, saving you lots of time not having to re-key data
💡 White fields on the IHT205 are not editable. This is because they are pre-populated with either information entered into your case
To edit information in white fields you must go to where you originally entered the data, update the information and save. When you re-open your IHT205 the information will have automatically updated. For example, if you have misspelt the deceased's name, go back to your Estate overview, click into the deceased's details, update the name with the correct spelling and click Save. Go back and open the IHT205 to see the correct spelling displayed
💡 Grey fields are editable
- To edit information in grey fields simply update the information on the form as necessary. Be sure to save as you go by clicking Save & close
👍 Your IHT205 form will remain stored in your Inheritance Tax forms tab so you can access it at any time.
👍 The platform populates the IHT205 form with the most up to date case information every time you open the form so you can have confidence the form is always up-to-date
👷 Our team are regularly making improvements and adding new features. Some things may have changed since this guide was written as functionality gets even more fabulous. If you need further assistance, please contact the Customer Success team who are always happy to help.
🖥️ Chat to us through the knowledge base - click the chat icon in the bottom right corner of this page
☎️ Call us on 020 8152 2902
✉️ Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org