The Exizent IHT205 form pre-populates 85% of the fields, including calculations, to save you time and removes the need to re-key details.
❗ The IHT205 will only be available to generate when the deceased's date of death is before 1st January 2022
- Locate the case you wish to run your IHT205 form on - How do I find a case I'm working on?
- Click the Documents & forms button on the left hand side menu of your Estate overview
- Select the Inheritance Tax forms option, then IHT205 from the dropdown
- Click Generate form
- Answer the final questions for the IHT205 form using the editor
👍 There are only 10 questions left for you to answer
💡 If you get interrupted or need to check any additional details, click the Save Progress button at the bottom of the editor and return to the form later. The IHT205 form will be saved in the Inheritance Tax forms tab of your case for you
- Choose to Export completed IHT205.pdf once you have answered the final questions
- Your completed IHT205 form will open in a separate tab with your case details populated
- From here you can review your form and print it off ready for signatures
❗ Once you have exported the IHT205 the form will not be editable. If you notice mistakes on the form then you must go to where you originally entered the data in your case and update the information then save it. This will be either on the platform (in the People section or in 1 of the assets) or within the editor. When you export the IHT205 again, the information will have automatically updated. For example, if you have misspelt the deceased's name, go back to your Estate overview, click into the deceased's details, update the name with the correct spelling and click Save. Go back and click into the IHT205 and export again to see the correct spelling displayed
👍 Your IHT205 form will remain stored in your Inheritance Tax forms tab so you can access it at any time.
👍 The platform populates the IHT205 form with the most up to date case information every time you open the form so you can have confidence the form is always up-to-date
👷 Our team are regularly making improvements and adding new features. Some things may have changed since this guide was written as functionality gets even more fabulous. If you need further assistance, please contact the Customer Success team who are always happy to help.
☎️ call us on 020 8152 2902
✉️ email our Customer Success Team on firstname.lastname@example.org