This article offers some useful tips and guidance on how to build a case on the Exizent platform.
💁 To begin you must be logged into the Exizent platform
- When you log in you will arrive on Your overview page. Click the blue Create Case button to the right
- Enter basic case details as shown below and click Create Case to get started
👍 Company Case ID is usually the reference you would use when billing your client
Now that you have successfully created a case you can start to build up information about the deceased's estate.
💡 You don't have to wait until you have all the estate information for the deceased before building your case. You can add people, assets, liabilities, case documents etc. in any order that suits and save your progress as you go
Storing information about the people involved in the case
- To update the deceased's details or add information about other people in your case, click the People & beneficiaries button on the left hand side menu:
- To access only the deceased's details or the primary executor's details, you can also get there by clicking on their tiles at the top of your Estate overview:
- Find out more about how to add People to my case and the different roles you can assign them
Storing case documents
You can upload key documents within the Case documents tab by following these steps:
- Click on the Documents & forms button
- Upload key documents as required
- Add any documents not related to the three headers within Additional documents
- For a detailed guide on how to add documents to your case, please see here
Running an estate discovery search
Identify key assets and liabilities associated with an estate at the click of a button with our estate discovery feature powered by Experian.
Read this article for detailed guidance and tips on how to use Estate discovery.
Adding assets & liabilities
- To start adding assets to your case, click on the relevant asset in the ribbon that runs right across your Estate overview. In our example I'll click to open a Land/building asset:
- Once opened, add the details you know to the fields within the asset and click Save
- Use the Add another option to add another item for that asset type
- Store any useful information about the assets in the Notes and Documents tabs
- The asset(s) you have added will be shown as tiles on your Estate overview
- Find out how to add overseas assets here
- For a more detailed guide on how to add assets and liabilities to your case, please click here
💡 Each asset tile is tailored to capture relevant information about each different asset type
💡 Debts/liabilities like council tax or utility bills can be logged under Debts > Miscellaneous debt
💡 Any Assets that don't fall into a specific category can be logged under Miscellaneous items
💁 Once you have gathered all the details about the estate in your case, you can start creating court and tax forms via the Documents & forms button then generating the relevant forms for your case within the Inheritance Tax or Court forms tabs
👷 Our team are regularly making improvements and adding new features. Some things may have changed since this guide was written as functionality gets even more fabulous. If you need further assistance, please contact the Customer Success team who are always happy to help.
☎️ call us on 020 8152 2902
✉️ email our Customer Success Team on firstname.lastname@example.org